L&C Hardtmuth is one of the world's oldest manufacturers and suppliers of Pencils, not to mention the second largest company in Europe. The company produces many writing instruments, including Woodcase graphite pencils and the Koh-I-Noor Line. It also produces erasers, and other drawing/writing accesories. All of their pencils and products are child-safe.
Name Changes/Branch CompaniesEdit
The company started as L&C Hardtmuth, but is now Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth. Bohemia Works also sprang from L&C.
Here is a brief timeline of the History of L&C Hardtmuth:
- 1790 Founded by Josef Hardtmuth
- 1802 Patenting of the Invention of manufacturing graphite leads from Graphite and Clay
- 1808 Constuction of a new Facory in Vienna
- 1848 Facory Relocated to České Budějovice
- 1870 End of Earthenware Production
- 1889 Introduction of "1500 Koh-I-Noor" Series
- 1890 First Skrew-Type Propelling Pencil manufactured by company
- 1895 Negro Black Chalks introduced
- 1905 Introduced the manufacture of Erasers
- 1910 Creation of the Pencil "Factory"
- 1957 Creation of Bohemia Works
- 1998 Creation of Subsidiary company Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth Trade
- 2000 Creation of Subsidiary company Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth Slovensko
- 2002 Creation of Subsidiary company Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth Polska
- Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth a.s.
- Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth Trade
- Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth Slovensko
- Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth Polska
- ICO Iröszerszövetkezet
- Koh-I-Noor Italia
- Chartpak Inc.
- Keramik Importacao e Exportacao Ltda.